- 1 pound - Camembert or Brie cheese
- 6 ounces - Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup - Butter
- 1/4 cup - Onion
- 1/4 cup - Dark German Ale
- Caraway Seeds
Obatzda is a Bavarian cheese delicacy that is popular in beer gardens around Germany. It is traditionally served with pretzels and bread.
- Cut 1 pound of Camembert or Brie cheese into smaller pieces and place in a medium bowl (rind may remain or be removed depending on your taste)
- Soften 1/4 cup of cream cheese and 6 ounces of butter
- Combine the cream cheese and butter in the medium bowl
- Dice 1/4 cup of onion
- Stir in the diced onion and roughly 2 tablespoons of finely chopped chives
- Evenly combine the mixture. An electric mixer may be needed.
- Add paprika powder and caraway seeds to season the Obatzda. The amount of seasoning is up to your taste but make sure to add a little at a time so as not to overpower the Obatzda
- Add 1/4 cup of dark German ale to the mixture and combine evenly
- Your Obatzda is ready to eat!